Saturday, July 02, 2005

Taking on the Japan JHS art scene

That's right luvs.... I am taking over the Japan Junior high school art scene. I'm having a show of 2 paintings done back in September and my drawing, sketches from my children's book out in the hallway in front of the office here at Yachiho JHS. It's been really encouraging...all the compliments and interest in my work. The principal here is an artist as well. He's done snow work and paintings and sent stones to famous people including the president of the US. So anyhow I'm invited to visit his house tomorow to see his artworks (yay!)

Suyu (rainy season) has started. School ended early on Tuesday and Abe sensei did not come because of a crazy rain......yes, Oshima became a lake. It hasn't been that bad since then. Hopefully the rain will let up this weekend ,and all the weekends here on out because people like to say goodbye with a bang. I have been invited to at least 5 going away parties...or was it 6?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home