wrinkles on his face and the popo
Some days it doesn't take much to entertain yourself. Usually repeating the same lesson 3-5 times in a row kinda kills it for me so I find some way to entertain myself during the flashback classes. Often it can be found printed on some students shirt. Today's favorite 2 were
1st place: a picture of a bulldog that read "wrinkles on his face"
2nd place: Deliriously Happy in a big pink heart (makes you want to ask the gal, "so ARE you deliriously happy?" to which of course you would get a blank or at least confused or possibly scared as crap stare, but you know this, so you won't bother to ask this question)
The other happy moment was watching 2 6th grade boys jumping up and down yelling "social studies,social studies, social studies, social studies!" with pretty darn good pronunciation. (we did school subjects today and it went well). Never heard sixth grade students so happy about Social studies!
Now for my brisk rehash of my trip to see the popo (for those of you not graced to know the beauty of southern American English you may note that "popo" is friendly way to say police people to anyone but the police)
Oh kaayyy....before you go gettin all excited, I didn't get arrested or get a speeding ticket (although my friend did, the ticket, not the arresting). My friend was going 18km over the speed limit which means they were flying at around 45mph past some rice fields. Having been in Japan I volunteered to go with my friend to the police station where they would get the whole Japanese police station experience. I think it is greatly due to being a foreigner that so very much paperwork had to be done (four HAND-written pages)....and it takes as much time as going to the DMV back home. Too bad I didn't have dinner before I went. But it was interesting, we talked about the differences in processes, such as here you have to pay most bills either through automatic withdrawal or by paying the bill at a convienent store or post office.....this goes for speeding tickets as well. They had to sort out some business about my friend's international driver's license and make sure their mom didn't apply for it for them, because we all know having mom's involved is some shady dealins...And my friend got fingerprinted.
And Japan's cops do have guns (and here I thought they were illegal?)
And it cost about 120bucks, so when you think you're all alone on some rice field road gonna lay the hammer down.....be weary of the snake in the bush....or the big ol honkin white van with red lights and several japanese men in full uniform flaggin you down...
Ps...the Nana movie comes out on video tomorow.....I wish I could skip school and get it! Maybe Danchan will go after it...prefectural ALTs have all the fun (on fridays)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home