Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Swearing them off

So I went to Sado for the Earth Celebration to watch the KODO drummers and this spanish bagpiper and met a cool Japanese musician named Kazu, who said "Have more fun than anyone!" which I`ve rather taken as a nice slogan. It came at a good time as I had just decided to swear off boys for at least the rest of my stay in Japan as I am oh so dissapointed in the dating cross section of the male population. DBD! So I did try to have more fun than anyone and I danced up a storm to all the drums and jigs and reels, bagpipes and fiddles.

I slept the whole ferry ride back and got back to take a quick shower at my apartment before going to the ALT seminar where I had 3 presentations to help present. Unfortunately, I still can`t drive, and everyone thought I had rode with someone else, so the result was I rode my bike and was 30 minutes late, then I had to introduce myself late to the entire room of Japanese Junior high and elementary school teachers and ALTs. I came out and my bike had been rained on so I took off my sock and wiped down the seat, got home did the camping laundry and passed out for about 2 hours.

Things have been better since then. Amy took me and Akemi grocery shopping and came over for a little tea and fansubbed Yakitate Japan anime. Today Kei sensei picked me up and drove me on this rainy day to school and I made an English board with chains of blue elephants for the border. I`m in no hurry to go home today, but still, today seems to be going by awfully slow. Guess that`s a rainy day for ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home