Learning something important
Here`s a quote a friend sent me which is awesome....."Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily; and why older persons, especially if vain or important, cannot learn at all." Thomas Szasz
Hmmm.... I think I`m about to learn something important...and I`m rather nervous about it....perhaps that`s why.
On a lighter note, you can see Hanami below, which is a really amazing festival...God love the Japanese and their picnics on blue sheetos, frisbee in the park, sake under cherry blossoms (not much of that myself though). There was one huge frisbee/ball game on the athletic field involving 3 frisbees and let`s see....Carolyn, Alexi, Conrad, Kiwi Dave, Scottish Chris, Tori, John, Chuck,hmm...surely a few more.....
Then Saturday night there was open mic night and I toted my banjo to the stage for a few tunes...luckily there was an awesome crowd there!
As for the next round of excitement...home in 3 days...It:ll bee good to see my folks and brothers and animals and friends and musical family, and breakfast food. The crazy part is a taxi coming to pick me up at 5am on Saturday to drive me down to the airport in Tokyo.....is there even daylight then?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home