Saturday, April 16, 2005

The i-ching and now

Isn't it great when you get a different perspective on things and it just changes everything....in a good way. After a little straigtening up the other night around my bookshelf my hand brushed over my copy of the i-ching, a most important gift I received in high school from someone who understood me very well. Knowing full well I didn't want to put off having a personal with the big guy any longer, I grabbed the box from between sketchbooks, manga, japanese instruction books, Fannie Flag and Haruki Murakami and cleared a spot for it on my kotatsu. Wearing my friend's Chinese silk jacket( it's always been more fun to wear things borrowed or given from someone else, rather than anything I bought myself, plus I figured it suited giving the Chinese origin of the I-ching).....I lit a candle and lifted the well worn box top. Rather old yet powerful incense wafted from the box and the fakey chinese coins clinked and settled on the table....6 times per question... drawing...well, lines from God I could say....."what should I do with my career" My answer: Life is too short to be wasted questioning how life should be spent. So I'm not worrying about that anymore and boy I feel like my creative energy has been finally released after a long time. I still have other questions and answers to ponder of equal importance, but perhaps with some sought out guidance I can find complete freedom from, well from myself I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home