Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The city of Apples and Elephants

Nagano is definately someplace I will be returning to soon. It's about a 2 hour drive or so south of Joetsu through the mountains and the weather was sooo nice on Saturday. So on the way there you pass an elephant museum! You may be saying "Sasuga.." (that's so like you). I didn't go on Saturday, though I was driving, but that adventure is for another day. There is also going to be a movie released soon I saw the movie poster for about a baby elephant. There were also several indian restaurants (ate at one, but not the one with a big elephant on the sign). Ah, what a great place. Nagano is also known for apples and there are apples on all the sewer covers and many signs. I had my first soba ice cream there as well...thumbs up.

Some other pictures from the weekend you'll find here...Niel's going away party..he's moving back to England for some cushy job at a university taking care of fish, meanwhile, I may be taking care of his fish if he hasn't decided on another caretaker. After Victoria, Chuck and I left the party we went to Cheamy to do print club, well at least we did the ones of me and Tori that night, the ones with Chuck are from another night as he was under the weather Friday.

Sunday just spent time chilling out trying to recover from the weekend, watched about 10 consecutive episodes of Yakitate Japan and thought real hard about living in Takada. Hmm...I think I even got a little tan this weekend! Well, time to work on my resume!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home