Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Slidingheadoverheelsdownanicyslopestrappedtoaboard

In other words, snowboarding.

Yes, this last Sunday I went snowboarding for the first time and I had a blast. I went with a coupla friends including Victoria (her first too) and Chuck (our kind instructor), also lots of other people there and with us...Chris Parsons, Sonya, Kat, Valerie, and at least two other people. I find its hard to give up when there are little kids all going pro past you and cheering you on in Japanese. There was someone about my age who sat in the snow with me, boards on our feet, snow on our knees, and tried to communicate in Japanese about how to snowboard. Of course this is all amidst super awesome snowboarders doing jumps and spins and such all around us.

Today I still hurt. I hurt in places I never knew there were muscles. But....I'm going back, Friday morning in fact, cause it's a holiday. I'm even hoping to buy some gear so I can really get into this. It's so awesome, and inevitably great exercise (of course for your legs, but in the beginning for your arms as well....ya know, all that falling). I think Victoria has decided snowboarding is not for her, but I told her to at least try skiing cause she looks like a skiing type of person. I may have to move close to some ski slopes when I go home if I continue to like it.
Oh and Chuck took some photos so hopefully he'll send me some soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home