Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Ahhh blogging in Japanese!!

So I just opened up the blogger page to add a new post and was surprised to be reading everything in Japanese...well, okay, so I wasn`t really reading the Japanese. It`s still a concentrated effort to read katakana, and kanji looks like an alien language to me.

I`ve been trying hard to post some pics from the last weekend at Sado for the Peter Pan Rehersal. As I might have mentioned before I`ve left the pirates and become a lost child, which is gonna be fun...still gotta find a school girl skirt...but I did find those great red and black striped leg warmers! I also bought some Converse high top boot Chuck Taylors this weekend in another great shopping expedition with Victoria. We just spent the weekend gathering up Christmas presents and necessary stuff like groceries and watched a really stupid funny movie called `Sorority Boys`....and yes it really is stupid. Then we ended up talking so late into the night that it was silly to try to drive home so I just stayed on her extra futon.

I also decided to rearrange all my furniture maybe Friday night? I got rid of my bed and put the mattress on the floor and I like it alot better! I got a little tiny Christmas tree at the Hyaku en store and some lights and some shiny paper to make origami cranes for the tree. It`s beginning to look alot like Christmas..... Yeah yeah, one holiday at a time...In Japan they celebrate a labor Thanksgiving...obiously not about pilgrims and indians and turkey like America...but still a day off, and 2 days earlier than in America. So a group of us are planning a little Thanksgiving party on Tuesday night over at Okada sensei`s apato. It should be fun. I haven`t gotten my package in the mail with pecans so the pie is probably out (though I did find Karo syrup at Ichiko grocery in Joetsu)....so I`ll be doing spice tea instead....hope I remember the recipe right. I could make bread,,but I already have a ton of things going for Tuesday.

So I`m getting really excited about the upcoming holidays and Phil will be coming soon...Yay! He`s taking planes the long way around the world......I went from Atlanta to Detroit and flew over the US to get to Japan....He`s flying over all of Europe and landing in Germany to get to Japan. I feel like you really know a man is worth his weight in gold if he`s willing to fly across the world just to visit with you. Well, I`m impressed.

So I`ve received that lovely little sheet of paper that says Oshima would like for me to recontract for the next year. The decision will not be an easy one. The due date is in February so I can mull it over for a bit longer. I know I can enjoy myself in either place...but it`s so hard to say barely 1/3 way into the stay here, how I`ll feel about being here after the end of 1 year! Sometimes time flies...but then it feels like I`ve been here forever.

This weekend I`ll go north again for more play rehersal and floor camping again. Yuki-san took pictures at Sado island and put up a bunch of us for the night there, so the pictures are at his house from the play. I also got some good ones on my 35mm camera if I can get em scanned in soon. I hope we do another massage circle this weekend...my fav!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home