Get around get around, I get around
Been busy lately, getting over a nasty cold, then I went to Niigata City this past weekend. It was awesome and trying at the same time. I went for the first Peter Pan Musical practice and I`m a pirate. I can`t wait to wear the garb. I only have about 6 lines but it`s pretty good for a pirate. All the people in the play are awesome. I stayed with a fellow South Carolinian, James Couch, a big hearted boyscout. My two bestest girls were there too, Mary and Victoria, as well as Carl and Nat who I met when I went to the Nagaoka fireworks. His picture is on the site way back in the archives somewhere September. Carl`s pic is below with Victoria at the game, and Victoria and Mary have several selections of photos in the archives here. We even got to dance that night at a cool little bar in Nagaoka lots of play people showed up at, and it was fun despite the fact that I drank a bit too much. Did teach me I don`t wanna feel like that again.
So after the learning experience me and Victoria hit the anime store but we only bought little things, cause the anime was too new for us! Then we went to the awesome Albirex soccer game and it was the most energetic soccer crowd you have ever met with coordinated chants and songs and drums and clapping and everyone wears their teams color! We did too! Some old drunk fellow tried to start a fight with Carl on the Antlers side, so Carl and the group went to the other fans side (me and Victoria were exploring when it all went down), and he was still talking junk, so an Albirex fan b*tch smacked him so I was told. Kind of funny.
Then me and Victoria were driven to Nagaoka by the kind Nat, and we enjoyed some good tunes and some food from Lawson`s, and then caught the next train. Unfortunately the train got in so late that the trains to Oshima had stopped running so I had to stay over at Victoria`s apartment. Thank you thank you thank you! And get up in the morning to call a taxi and catch a train and take a shower and go to work. Luckily, I didn`t have any classes that day, so they said I could take home study, wink, wink.
Tuesday night after working at the Jr. High I went to Joetsu for Japanese class which I`ve been missing too much, and afterwards checked out the 100yen sushi place with some friends. It`s awesome little plates of about 2 sushi come around on a conveyor belt by the tables and each plate is 100yen. So they just count up your plates when you`re finished and that`s how much you pay! And the sushi is great! So is the chocolate cake.
Me and Okada-sensei and Kyo-chan have been practicing for the fall concert coming up on Halloween. I`m playing my electric guitar on one song, and singing Fly Me to the Moon for another. Okada sensei plays bass, and then piano, and Kyo-chan plays bongo drums and then the sax. We`re still a little rough at this point, but hopefully we`ll get it cleaned up some before that night. I might be playing a fiddle solo as well, but we`ll see what happens. We practice again tomorow after school at 5pm.
So Saturday I`m gonna go explore Takeda (which is in Joetsu, its kinda like the downtown area), with some friends and I heard there`s a great coffee shop there so I`m looking forward to having lunch there. But I will probably go to the Elementary school culture festival first on Sat. morning. Sunday I may explore Tokamachi next door to Oshima on the East side and try to find a video store to rent some movies from. Hope all who read this are doing well and are warmer wherever you are than I am in this typhoon fall weather!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home