Monday, October 11, 2004

Back to the cave

It was such a nice day when I woke up I immediately knew what I had to do. It was on with the clothes and grab the film and video cameras and out the door and in the car and up the mountain and down the pathway and into the cave with the buddhas. Being Sunday lots of other families had the same idea as me and were visiting the shrine. You can find the pics from todays journey under those of the kindergartners.

I did a big post today cause I had all these pics saved up from earlier this week. Wednesday I videoed at the Elemetary school because I got all excited about the taiko drumming club after school that Ishizuka-san was teaching so I wanted to get it on film, and my genki 4th grade students got in on the video too. Then Thursday, though rather under the weather trying to be in denial about having a rough cold, I went with the kindergarten class to Shobu-kogen for a picnic in the mountains, and we played hide and seek and picked up donguri (acorns) and went exploring and climbed trees and everything. Then I pulled out my video camera and took a chance and let the kids pass it around. They were surprisingly careful with it and were not surprisingly very interested in looking through it at everything.

Friday after missing most of a nights sleep from my cold, I decided I`d go to the doctor and get some medicine so I could sleep again. This worked out fine cause I didn`t have any classes to teach with the Jr. High English teacher out of town. Then I went home early and took it easy and went to bed super early. Yesterday I felt a bit better after sleeping in and went shopping a bit in Joetsu and got proper cool fall coats. Got some cds too, and a proper little fishtank for my fish so i don`t have to saran wrap the top of the fish bowl to keep water from spraying on everything.

Tomorow is a holiday of some sort, so I don`t have work. I don`t know if I`ll venture out somewhere or just stick around and play with the musical instruments. Probably could use the practice before the upcoming concert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home