Monday, August 23, 2004

Good fortune

My horoscope today told me I`m going to be the star of the show for at least a month. Since I start teaching soon, and I`m the only foreigner around, that`s almost to be expected. I really can`t wait to start teaching!

So when I got off the train and got back to my apato, Kyo-chan gave me a call (she`s the health teacher at the Jr. High school) and said she would come over and help me put on my yukata and we`d go to the Continue Art Project closing party together. Yes, I was the only one wearing a yukata, but I think I got good results! I tried my first fish head. Not bad really, it just looks scary. The best part of all was when Chizuru told me who had painted the picture I love and I told the painter that I loved her painting of fish, and she said she is giving it to me as a present! How cool. Life is sooo good. It`s well, never, that I find a painting that I drool over that I can afford to buy (though I was going to ask anyway), then she just gives me this awesome painting! Believe me it will be well appreciated forever and ever and ever! You can see the photo of the picture down the page... the blue green one with the horizon line and the orange goldfish.

Yesterday I decided to try my hand at driving by myself to Joetsu city. I only had to turn around twice on the way there. You know how you see a place you want to go off the side of the highway, but you don`t know which road to take to get there? yeah....

I was searching hard for a camera case for the BOE`s digital camera... which I er, managed to lose in the ocean. It`s probly in China by now. Luckily, Ishizuka-san just laughed and said it`s okay, while I`ve been losing hair over this!

I got a basket for my bike, but after trying to figure out how to attach it for 5 or 10 minutes, I looked at another bike and realized I need a bit more hardware. Then my bike will be accesorized to the max and I can carry a bag, or groceries without losing my balance!

Well it`s about lunch time so "ciao down!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home