Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Baseball and Art's inspirator

I just got back from one hot summer baseball game. My Junior High had a game down the road today so we walked and cheered and clapped and screamed and beat plastic bottles with beads or rocks in them and stood on a hill and sweated our support. Though we tried hard we were beat by one point. Its hard to see the boys cry after a game. But I'm sure they'll forget about it soon with summer break coming up. All the girls were talking about the beach on the way back. Sounds like a good idea to me!

Now I'm back in the cool office (not that the air's on , it got cloudy) and I just finished checking Stephen's new New York blog. I like the part about the regerative artist and the non -regenerative artist....it makes you think about what you are searching for and how to find it as an artist. I also like that cool picture of that skyscraper and the night sky at the bottom of the page....and also is that Chinese instrument depicted not actually an Okinawan sanshin...square, 3 pegs, snakeskin?..then again the Okinawan's may have gotten their design from China. And you go boy...not just sharin the good Lord's plans...but the banjo as well all over the world.

I'll be doing my part this Sunday at something called Candle Night in the Kasugayama direction. I was asked to play the banjo and another guy is coming to play the shamisen. There is also supposed to be some candle making and other crafts going on.

Oh and you can see Stephen's NYC story at http://www.scinnyc.blogspot.com/.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home