Snowy days here and there
Sorry for not posting in what seems like the last year. Well, it has been a steady buzz since coming back to Japan. I have only managed to get to the slopes once, horribly horribly sore and bruised afterwards...sore from the snowboarding, bruised from the previous night's limbo at Carol Ann's. She has moved in 2 floors below me, so welcome to the ghetto!
This past weekend was spent in Niigata City, 2 days of musical practice and 2 days of conference for ALTs. The first show of the season is this weekend in Niigata city, and then sunday in Shibata. The Joetsu show here at home is March 4th at Region Plaza at 7pm (its a saturday night). And tomorow night is Open Mic Night at Memory Live House in Takada starting around 8pm so I'll be there co-hosting with Alexi. The worst part about all the time spent on the musical (which is fun, but it is ALOT of time) is I haven't had time to work up any music lately. Or visit friends...just got to see Jo last night for 2 hours and I hadn't seen her since coming back from the holiday.
Things I am looking forward to
1)having my costume finished
2)having the bio board for musical cast and crew finished
3)NANA movie is coming to DVD on March 3rd in Japan!
4)Planning to go to Osaka (never been) for 4 days around spring break
Japanese slang lesson 1: "atakasa!" means you dumbass!, fool, or other comedic way of coming down on someone. I learned this from my students at recess lately who I asked what Kubiki ben(or dialect) there is.
Okay gonna go make some flashcards of vegetables now....you all envy me, I know you do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home