Thursday holiday...what a culture day!
Yesterday was a holiday for me and alot of people in Japan which made it feel like Friday..except there is work today! In about 35 min. I will be standing in front of a room of about 50 teachers and 38 students with my fellow Japanese English teacher (nihonjin eigo no sensei to iu no). Nervous!!!!
Well yesterday was pretty cool for a rainy day. Got up, painted on the ceiling some, mailed Meg chan for some onsening and sushi and checking out the new bookstore (bought a study book for the 3rd level Japanese Proficiency test coming up Dec. 4th) then went to the culture festival at Shimin Plaza where there are different booths set up to represent several different countries. That's why there is a lovely picture of Alexi mixing it up in a kilt....I don't know about that thing....I think that kilt kind of got around...
Then headed off with my lovely ladies, Jo and Rose for some public teethpicking at the coffee shop and some big project plans....keepin your eyes open ladeez? And of course, the night wouldn't be right without being in a dark smokey room...no,not a bar....geez its a schoolnight! I'm talking about okinomiyaki (Japanese cabbage, veggie and meat filled omelet pancake with bbq like sauce and fishy toppings!) though I played it healthy and had a salad actually. How boring of me. Well cross your fingers and hope I don't embarass myself!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home