Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Ninja Temple

This weekend was pretty jam packed...and 3 days of it too. It started off Saturday bright and early as we had cleaning day at Sanko apartments 7am (cruel isn't it?) . Made some breakfast with friends and a pirate. Looked at pet stores....decided I wanted to buy a red canary, but ended up going to a movie and bought a hybrid acoustic/electric guitar instead (maybe I'll get the canary later, who couldn't use a good song bird?) Went to Itoigawa with Jo to watch a taiko concert (really interesting mix of kids, adults, and 2 guys who mixed it up with a drum set, taiko and a piano and bebopping..crazy!) and made friends later with Sally a cool chick from South Africa. Went to Toyama to see a ninja temple..trapdoors, hidden staircases, hidden rooms, even a room to commit seipuku (ritual suicide) yes this place had it all. Also learned important Japanese tips from new friend Yasuo..like how to say I ate the sushi instead of the sushi ate something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home