Art School?
What have I been up to lately? Not sleeping.... er....waiting for the next weekend and becoming such a frequent shopper at the recycle shop they should know my first name by now. I could be a personal shopper! I have taken 3 different friends to the place in the last week over which I have also acquired a stand up mirror that tilts, a side sorta diagonal zipping gray sweater, snowboarding pants that are way cooler than my cheap Sports Depot ones, a shirt with an elephant on it, a shirt that laces up the sleeves, pants with zippers all over them, and last but certainly not least some costume wear for the play....(I'm gonna be a cool token vulture chik!)....a rather tight back pleated leather skirt with wierd zip to the side leather legging pieces and a lightning bolt on the back pocket. Originall selling for nearly 2man (2oo bucks) but I got it for 3000yen. Yep, I am the recycle queen.
Back over the weekend me and Jo made it to the Nagaoka museum again, this time while it was OPEN, and we got to see the whole Kathy Kollowitz show which was all sorts of dark and dramatic and full of angst and was amazing. We also ate at a really cool coffee shop restaurant that had all sorts of interesting antiques in it and stickers on the walls, and strange old men, one in a military uniform and one who decided to buy ALL the bath products the store was selling (and I don't mean 1 of each!).
Yesterday at school I had the wild idea of "how hard would it be to go to art grad school in Japan?" and asked the art teacher what the best schools were and did some internet research. I definately wouldn't be going in the next year....you have to be at least 2kyu fluent in Japanese since all the classes are in Japanese. Part of me says...fine its motivation to study Japanese and I would have the time to save money for it and build a proper portfolio. Part of me says..,"Brooke, you are making this harder than you have to. If you wanna go to grad school, just find some place back home.." Or is that the easy way out?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home