Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I'm Employed/ Matsumoto get ready!!

So for the results of that wonderful job search......I got a late night phone message from the English school I want to work for in lovely Matsumoto city, Nagano...and they want me for the job. So I'm waiting to hear back from them and make a meeting to go and discuss the finalization of the contract and stufffsss. Yay....job security. It feels good.

Anyhoo, the weekend was also amazing...still hasn't been too bad around here since! On Saturday I spent the day at my principal from Yachiho Jr. High's house with him and his wife. He is a former art teacher and does all kinds of works from painting to sculpture. He reminds me of Jim Brinson in Laurens, SC alot! They were both lovely hosts and fed me lunch and dinner and we all worked on our own projects after looking at lots of his work and some of my book sketches. They both accompanied me to the jazz funk debut of local band Stuffy, which rocked out with all their afro goodness and their own horn section!

So Sunday, I spent the day at the beach with Tori where we braided each others hair in little braids so we looked like beach hotties and we made a sand elephant with a hand from Johnson and Melissa. It was a great way to celebrate independence day and that holiday Canada celebrates about this time...ah what the heck we were really celebrating that we are in Joetsu, Niigata Japan during rainy season and enjoyed a beautiful sunny/overcast day at the beach. To make it really feel like a weekend me and Tori walked into Straberry Cones in all our grungy beach funky cool style and ordered a medium seafood pizza and watched Lilo and Stitch. I even got to end the night hearing a little Brazilian guitar and "Cindy" played in about 8 or 10 different styles of playing. What a weekend!

Yesterday I was interviewed by the Joetsu Times thanks to Horikawa Kocho-sensei about my little art show I'm having at Yachiho. So those of you out and about today...look for my picture in the next few. (Hope they picked a good one!)

Last night before hearing my wonderful job news I chilled out with Tori, Akemi, and Maria making our lists of most hot movie men...You can see it on Mizu_miko's link on this page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home