Monday, May 02, 2005

Meeting Up

So last night I went to a jam (in my honor) at Briggs and Nancy's in Easley. Other than being zen zen chigau about the start time and arriving terribly late, the jam was wonderful. Mom and Bryce went with me to enjoy the music and merrymaking. There were a few new faces in the group and plenty of good old ones too. I've come to realize maybe the only thing that's really changed in the past 8 months is me (and that's questionable). Thanks to Nancy for the nice pictures from the jam. Certainly this jam showed me what not practicing for months on end does to a person....sigh. Still, it's motivation for Clifftop in August.

The day before I met up with my pal, Michael in Rock Hill for lunch at our favorite old haunt, The Rock Hill Roasting Co. It's expanded a bit, but the food is just as good...mmmm...almond chicken salad with sesame dressing on spinach greens...there is no rival. Hopefully he'll come out to Laurens this week after work for a little pottery session and/or kiln firing(and by firing...I do mean wood firing!)

Today, I went over to the Bedsoles' house after church and played some music for a coupla people and talked about Japan and found out its easy to play Beatles' tunes on the fiddle. Went jogging and played some frisbee with my little bro and then got spiffed up to go to Olive Garden for dinner. Mom told me a comic tragedy about an interesting..er..traffic accident. Evidently, a garbage truck missed the exit ramp coming off a bridge..flying through the air and flattening a Mercedes that was driving down the highway below. In the Mercedes was a woman and her baby. Neither was injured...although the woman was shoved to the floor where she picked up her cell phone and the first person she called was her husband. "What's wrong, were you in a traffic accident?" he asked. "I don't think so..."she told him. Of course then he called 911 etc. etc. and other people did too. Can you imagine what that must have looked like to the car behind the Mercedes? Dumptrucks falling out of the sky and flattening things....Bad day 'ere, God?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home