Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Honjitsu wa, rainen, koko ni taizai shitai!

What can I say about this past weekend? It was awesome? yes...yes it was. No snowboarding, but hey at least I can sleep on my front side now, and shovel snow without repercussion!

No, this weekend was crazy busy..well the whole week was now wasn't it? Thursday night the weather was nice and I was bored so I found some small headphones to stick up under my hat and attach to my ipod and went on a little jivin walk. I found all sorts of stuff and new roads, and a shrine I didn't know about and then I went to the station by my house to see what or who might be around, and two Japanese high school gals caught me dancing by myself and then the told me there was a cat downstairs. So we went to see the cute friendly and rather scruffy homeless cat in the station with its own box and bowl of strawberry milk. They asked me if I could take it cause they couldn't have cats in their house, but I had to wish them luck cause I can't have them in my apato either. So I watched a lot of the series, Tactics, a really cool anime I think, both Thursday and Friday.

Saturday morning I headed off to Niigata City for the second to last Peter Ja Pan performance (this weekend is the big blowout!). The play went well, and the house was packed, I left as soon as it was over to see if I could make it back in time for any of Chuck's b-day party. Luckily I did! Everyone was at PTA karaoking and having a good time. I sang at least 4 songs with people before we moved on across the street to a tiny little ramen shop with 3 tables that you sit on pillows at. I didn't get to bed til maybe 5am....oh but it was fun. I saw a tanuki scamper along the road and the orange moon a huge slice of cheese in the sky driving home.

Sunday I was supposed to go snowboarding...I was sleeping til I got a phone call, only the call never came so I slept til about 1pm and found out people were enjoying the slopes without me! I forgive em. I just don't know if I'm gonna get to board again before the snow melts, unless I night ski. So we devised a great plan to go bowling that night. I am so glad Nasha was able to join us cause I really haven't hung out with her much outside of Japanese class and she's leaving at the end of the month. Chuck and Victoria beat the rest of us pretty badly, but I did get 2 strikes! Then there was print club, where we all squeezed in the booth..well mostly for 2 pictures and the machine was kind of confusing and fast but we got 2 good pictures. We went out for yet more ramen after that before heading home.

Today we had graduation at the Junior high and so many students were crying. I started crying myself when I saw one of my genki-est 3nensei's choking them back. I was really surprised that I understood as much of the speech as I did. I maybe got 1/3 of it in Japanese. Yay for studying! Tonite we have a party in Joetsu with the Junior high teachers in honor of graduation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home