Winter wonderland
Yep I'm wondering about living in this land during winter. We already have 1 and a half meters of snow and it's still going. Me and Phil made a treacherous trip out to the supermarket last night, more out of boredom than necessity. I've let myself be more trapped in town by this weather than I should. People who are more used to year after year of heavy winter snow don't seem to let it stop them from getting where they are determined to go.
I haven't been out of town so much except for some visits next door to Joetsu for food and fun, gaming centers, playing cards at Victoria's, and general getting away from the apartment type of stuff. Me and Phil had tons of fun when I went to get him in Tokyo around Christmas. It was unfortunately so cold at Tokyo Disney that we only rode 2 rides and then joined other people huddled along the walls in restaurants like refugees. It was cold but there wasn't any snow in Tokyo, not like here in Oshima. Yesterday I found out it can snow and thunder at the same time. MMmmm.. we just had some mushroom tofu soup and some vegetable and egg sushi and some cucumber salad(though it had ginger...a little wierd tasting).
I only have about a week left with Phil in Oshima before we go back to Tokyo and he goes home. It's a little hard for both of us to live in my tiny little apartment, but its gonna be hard to let him go and make the trip back home by myself.
Not to dwell on sad thoughts, but my grandad Mitchell is in the hospital now and it looks like he won't be leaving. I wish I could be at home with my family right now, I'd especially like to be there for my dad.
Well, that's about it for now. I'll try to put on some pictures of all this white fluffy stuff outside. Ii jo desu. Hosha matta ne.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home