Japanese Opera Rocks!
So last night was the concert of the famous Japanese opera singer held at the sports hall. I was in the lobby for the first half though, just in case anyone came straggling in late. I was one of the people who take tickets and say "welcome, thank you." The second half we all got to come in and watch the rest of the show, which was great...he sang songs in English and in Italian, which I'm only sure of becuase of the "mommamia, mommamia". Of course they were all romantical and made me all sappy. He had three encores and the last was really great because he sang "We are the Champions!" yeah....party on Garth, er blog.
After it was over we had to pack up the hundreds of pairs of slippers...remember this is Japan, there are few buildings you wear your shoes into, and maybe none in Oshima-mura save the grocery store. So everyone gets shoe bags at the door called "fukuro" I believe, and they take their shoes in with them, but wear the red slippers. Anyhow, I managed to stand up right as Chieko-san was walking over me with a big plastic tub and I smacked the heck out of my head and got a little cut at my hairline. Ouchy. Chieko-san put a bandaid on it.
Tomorow is the sports festival and I'll be at the Jr. High allllll day. But then we are having a party and a bunch of us women teachers are going to the onsen in town. Which I'm looking forward to and regretting all the same, in that last time I went I'm sure I was a few pounds lighter, becuase I'd just came here and hadn't done all the partying yet.
Nothing fun planned for today, mostly cuz I can't get out of town and back in time for the 8am festival tomorow. But that's okay, next week I'm going to head up to Niigata City for the Niigata ALT's Musical of Peter Pan try outs. Wish me luck! I wanna be Peter Pan of course! Also, I hope I can find that Baskin Robbins at the train station, I think maybe the Bandai exit...oh mint chocolate chip ice cream, hisashiburi da ne?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home