Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Ohayo from Tokyo

I'm here on my second full day in Tokyo. It's been really exciting so far, and I'm just getting over the jet lag.  They've kept us so very busy at the conference here that there's barely any time to get out and see Tokyo.  Up on the 43rd floor there's a great view of Tokyo from the Moonlight room where I had lunch yesterday.  I'm really excited about everything and can't wait to get to my prefecture, though I'm going to miss being around all the other jets and having English conversations. Tonite, a group from my prefecture is going out for dinner and to get to know each other, so I look forward to that.  So I've been taking some videos and digital pics and when I get to Niigata and get hooked up on the web and get to my luggage with my USB cord then I'll get those on the site.  I still have some pics of my fish in their new home, and people at the jam, and family, and friends, and JETs and interesting looking people in Tokyo.  Everyone has been very nice here, both the Japanese and the other JETs so it has been a good experience and I feel proud of what I'm doing, as in I feel like I'm finally doing a job that will make a difference in peoples lives and give some school kids some good memories of an American gaijin.  My roommate is also going to Niigata and her name is Mary and she's from Mississippi.  I love everyone at home, but luckily things have been so busy here (being  bombarded with like 20 books to read) that I haven't had any time to feel lonely.  I've gotta go run to another meeting now ya'll so I'll write more later. Je matta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home