Monday, July 12, 2004

The countdown has begun

Two weeks until Tokyo, and only 12 days til I go to Atlanta are left. I've been getting ready though, folks. Dude I got a Dell! A cool little laptop. Not the absolute top of the line but pretty good for what the financing would allow! It'll still be running a bajillion times faster than my old desktop from before I started college. Also got the book "Making out in Japanese," which has to do with much more than making out. I just had to get it after watching the making of trailer on "Lost in Translation" where Bill Murry using the book and was saying "Dare-ni mukatte mono itten dayo?" to everyone he met, (which means "Who do you think you're talking to?"), and asking the sushi chefs if they used protection. If you haven't seen the movie and want to see some pretty views of Tokyo, see an out of the normal affair/love story, and see some humor about the Japanese, then you should get a pizza and rent it tonite. However, it is done from a foreigners point of view on Japan and pokes some fun with that, so be forewarned about forming opinions of Japanese people based on this movie. Also, I learned how to play Texas Hold 'Em Poker today. I need to work on my poker face! Oyasumi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home